Mail from Josephine Olunaike, Project Leader of Sickle Cell Disorder:
Further to my presentations for the past 3 years on the struggle to eradicate Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) and create more awareness on the disease in Nigeria, I am so happy to let you know that Beulah Sickle Cell Foundation was formally launched.
BEULAH SICKLE CELL FOUNDATION was formally launched on the 9th of July 2019 with the aim of
- Creating more awareness to reduce the scourge of SCD knowing Nigeria consistently produces the highest number of SCD patients in the whole world.
- Counselling with the aim to erase or minimize stigmatization, build self esteem in sufferers especially those that has had deformity and all sorts of complications.and their families..
- Offer FREE routine drugs to members on our monthly clinic days
- Help with percentage cost of routine laboratory investigations
- Providing free access to blood for transfusion
- Offering access to seminars focused on SCD management